[ian-reeds-games] Re: status of my mp packRe: Re: [ian-reeds-games]

  • From: Austen Perry <austentheaxewielder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 10:52:05 -0600

well, i combed through the files and am pretty sure i fixed
everything, hopefully.
heres the link to kindom of war
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18725707/2%20Kingdom%20at%20War.zip
i will probably be done with the city of cadia eighther this week or
the weekend after christmas.
as far as the space stuff, i've made a map, gasp 100 by 100 squares,
10000 tiles in totatl d.
thank god for block filling d.
now i'm going to fill in astroids suns and the like, as the sectors a
through j, 1 through 10 all the way to j 10, are filled as well as
everything set as space.
the main thing that i want to wait for is submaps, as putting in
islands of planets looks wrong and doesn't give the function i want.
in the end, i want to make this map as replayable as possible wich is
why i've set it so big, it doesn't mean theres going to be hundreds of
units just more space to cover for retreating and attacking.
if the ai gets more flags, it will make it easier to set things up as
well, as i would place them at one corner and it would give time for
the friendly units to organize.
i also wonder if a ai flag could be put on terrain, to tell them they
shouldn't land on it, as they seem stupid as to landing on the sun and
diing rofl.
i also think it would be nice for ships to be able to carry units, not
just have a skill called land that destroys the unit and gives the
ship a knew figher or whatever.
then, invading an enemy planet would be more fun as you'd have to
unload your units and you'd have a space battle and land battle going
on.
go ahead and put kingdom of war in your release, its done and i
updated the music so it is a little different from before, but i only
comverted the old in to the knew point system so the mechanics work
for the most part the same.

austen