[ian-reeds-games] Re: status of my mp packRe: Re: [ian-reeds-games]

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 11:04:08 -0500

Hi Carlos,
I will get to your maps soon. I am looking forward to them!

Hmmm, when it comes to website with download links or an email list I am not
sure which would be better in the long run.
If I was in Ian's position, I might weigh cost and time. A website I think
costs money, especially if there is alot of data that gets downloaded from it,
or so I assume, I don't really know so I could be wrong. The other thing is
time. Who is going to upload the mappacks, put them ont he website, and all
that kind of work, which means more work all told. The email list is free, and
maps can be quickly shared and upgraded with new releases, but then there is
the chance of missing a post with the precious links  on it, and then there is
searching thru archives, which means hoping that someone put the name or some
other identifiable    word into subject or email to findt he right link etc so
forth...

I feel your pain! I just had a flash drive commit suicide with all my sounds on
it. While it wasn't 30gb it was distressing none the less. Geez that is a lot
of sounds!