[ian-reeds-games] Re: question about AI toggle and escape conditions

  • From: Garrett <wolfofthewind48@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 15:16:11 -0400

Now that you mention it, having the player control the unit might end up being
what I do anyway. As it doesn't make sense for you to have to heal/repair
something to leave the area. Also, I'm planning on making some of the areas in
that map a little more platform based. And I can tell you from experience the
AI doesn't handle that very well. Thanks for all of your help guys. It's very
much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 16, 2015, at 9:55 PM, "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,
I would try gving the ai unit a skill that "heals" astructure that is
directly behind the safe zone. Set the skill to a range of 1 and the ai unit
should start for that structure.

I know this works, I have tested this kind of thing lots of times.

I hope that made sense...if I didn’t explain it well I can try again.