[ian-reeds-games] Re: question about AI toggle and escape conditions

  • From: Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 12:26:22 -0600

I think it's more fun, anyway, to have to move the character
yourself...that way, you have to think of where to take them, and
possibly strategize a path.

On 5/16/15, Garrett <wolfofthewind48@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So, I did a test using Ian's escorting the princess map. I made the princess
be ai controlled and removed all skills except for move. The ai just sat
there. That would have been cool though if it had worked. Unfortunately, it
doesn't. :(

Sent from my iPhone

On May 16, 2015, at 12:24 PM, Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Honestly, I'm not sure.
I know that the Kobold Dungeon maps have something similar; a princess
who I believe only has the move skill, and needs to reach the escape
terrain. Not sure if she's AI-controlled though.

On 5/16/15, garrett knight <wolfofthewind48@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hay all
Just out of curiosity, if I have a map with the victory conditions set
to escape=, and the unit that must escape is an AI controlled unit with
no skills other then the movement skills of course, will the AI be smart
enough to know that particular unit needs to get to the escape zone in
question?
The particular reason I ask is because in one of my maps in my angel
wars series, you, the angel in training, are escorting a wounded and
unconscious angel out of a demonic stronghold. Unfortunately, you
freeing her cause more then a few sets of demonic eyes to look your way.
You have a party member, who I want the player to be in control of, and
the normal person you play as, who has his hands tied with carrying the
wounded angel. I figure it would be easier for the player if they just
worried about keeping the area clear and let the AI worry about moving
the unit carrying the wounded body, as he won't have any skills anyway.
But if the AI won't recognize a unit it is controlling needs to get to
the escape zone, then I'll just have it at the default behavior and the
player will have to control both.
Thanks in advance for any answers to this question.

--
-Mew

--
-Mew