[ian-reeds-games] Re: hmm

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 11:54:04 -0400

Hi Carlos,
Yeah, I agree. It is astonishing we can push the limits of the game as far
as we do, which says a lot about Ian's programming skills.
Naturally, I could always play more Tombrobber! Lol.
As for what you want to make...that is really your call. The greek stuff is
interesting, but I could easily see those kind of scenarios in tombrobber as
well.
The naval battles might be neat. You are talking about the swashbuckling
days of pirates and the like? Or do you mean a more modern naval battle,
perhaps like in world war 2, or current day naval ships?
This isn't a push for anything, I am just brainstorming here on general
principles...
Some genres that haven't been touched are the wild west, with cowboys and
Indians, the age of muskets which could feature anything between American
revolutionary war to napoleon, or a fantasy equivalent. Giant mech robots
like in Japanese cartoons, naval combat in all ages, modern warfare in the
20th century, pokemon, lol, fantasy world versus modern world, the greeks
mythos, the norse mythos, far east medieval combat or fantasy, superheros
like superman and wolverine,  cyberpunk, fantasy where the players are vamps
or werewolves, battlestar galactica, small group tactics like socom,
essentially a four man team goes into rescue hostages, or plant bombes
etc....that is about all I can think of at the moment. I know my next
project is starwars/clone wars scenarios.