[ian-reeds-games] hmm

  • From: "Carlos Macintosh" <sleepio1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 03:18:00 -0400

Just brainstorming here, but with the start of school, I'm also going to be making more maps for TB. Because I have a lot of time to burn at school when I'm bored and that's how I made things go by quicker last year. So what kind of things do you want to see? More tomb robber maps, I know I can take the storyline in a number of different directions. Boat/sea battles could also be interesting, with you as a ship captain controlling a ship and gong on certain missions, or something akin to the lone wolf submarine sim missions. There's the fantasy kingdom with elements vs angry demons/orcs/whatever route, though that's been pretty well fleshed out. Reenactments of old greek myths, such as theseus in the labyrinth, orpheus through the underworld, etc, are also an idea. The thing that is hard to overlook on this game is that the game is meant to be a game of battle. Sometimes we try and mutate it into something else, but really, the point of the game isn't to be an all purpose game engine, but to be an engine for fighting engaging and interesting battles, and sometimes I have to remember to keep myself in the battle mind set when thinking of ideas.