[ian-reeds-games] Re: RPG Engine

  • From: Craig Brett <craigbrett17@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 14:42:52 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Ian,

I've had a quick whirl through with the engine. I like it. Exploration seems pretty intuative and easy. I'll admit I did cheat and use my eyes a little as well, mind, but chances are I'll have to not get used to that. I like the reactive radars best, the heading one has its uses separately from the other one, so I kind of played with each.

Of course, now I've got it I just want to make maps and stuff with it. I've got a couple of ideas already lol. I ended up buying Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic last weekend, I've been adicted since. But anyway, do you reckon the sort of open-world combat element will end up similar to combat in that game? Or are you aiming for something else?

I also listened to your walkthrough on the radars. Apart from the voice volume, it's very good and helpful too. I've got a little experience with GoldWave myself but wasn't around at the time, so I'm glad you've figured out Audacity.

Hope you're well,

Craig