[ian-reeds-games] Question about a change back effect on multiple units

  • From: michael Tholl <mrtholl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 12:30:36 -0400

Hi guys,
While finally making some progress on my map pack I ran into an issue
that my brain is either currently too lazy to work out, or I truly
can't figure out. I'm not sure which.
Here's the issue, hopefully not too long winded.

First, I'm working off the example in Kobold Dungeon where the wizard
can change into a wolf and back into a wizard.
This makes my initial transforms easy enough, however, I have multiple
units that I'm wanting to do this for.
The issue comes in the change back skill/effect.
I have four units, basically upgrades of a single unit that need to
have access to this form and they need to be able to change back, but
they need to change back into whatever they were before the change.
So, with a druid acolyte, she changes into a dragonfly.
I can make change back work here just fine, the problem is,
I have a druid priestess and a druid high priestess and a druid adept
who also need access to this form, but need to be able to change back
to their respective forms.
My only solution so far is to make several different change back
skills/effects, but I'm worried this could be confusing to the player.
Is there any other way to handle this problem?
Whatever the answer is, there are 3 other forms that will follow this
pattern, and only one can work with the change back skill and effect
that Allan made for Kobold Dungeon as the lower level units won't have
access to it.
As I finish writing this I begin to think that is my only option..
several change back skills, but if anyone knows an easier/better way
I'm all ears, which makes typing hard, earlobes don't work nearly so
well as fingers. grins