[ian-reeds-games] Re: An audio walkthrough of using the radar

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 21:11:22 -0600

Hey Craig,

Thanks for the offer. Since I'm already deep in DirectSound I'll probably stick with it. If I used the DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback library I used for TB and adjusted the panning and volume changes of sounds myself then I'd get the mp3 support but I just used DirectSounds built in 3D support.
I am interested to hear more about the turn by turn navigation.
Is this like something that leads people to a beacon by giving them turn by turn instructions? For instance guiding them around buildings and through doorways to reach a beacon rather than having the beacon just play in the direction of the destination regardless of obstacles in the way? I'm also interested in a high level explanation of the navigation techniques you used and what the PGCert project is.

I look forward to trying your map.