[huskerlug] Re: The Debian Leap

  • From: Steve <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 09:46:43 -0600

> Does Gentoo or any other distro provide package verification besides RH?
> This really should be a common practice[3] by now, I would hope.

Portage (Gentoo's package management), checks md5sums, but the last time I
checked, there was not signature option available.  I think it's on the "to
do" list.  I believe that both Suse and Mandrake sign packages.  It's been so
long since I've used Suse though, I can't remember for sure.  As for
Mandrake, I'm sure someone on the list can chime in and verify this as we
seem to have several Mandrake users.

--
Steve Bremer
RHCE,CCNA