[huskerlug] Re: The Debian Leap

  • From: GrayGeek <jkreps@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 18:14:36 -0600

On Saturday 15 March 2003 01:36 pm, you wrote:
> I just set mine to expire in August.  Is there a way to submit a revoke
> certificate to the keyservers, so that people do not use my old key
> anymore (get my old key off of the keyservers?)  Do I have to distribute
> the revoke certificate personally?

Just post your revokation certificate at the keyserver.

> my new key..
>
> pub  1024D/F3220030 2003-03-15 Brian Wiese (unolinuxguru)
> <bwiese@xxxxxxxxx> sub  2048g/E4E8F305 2003-03-15 [expires: 2003-08-12]
>
> $ gpg --recv-keys F3220030 --keyserver pgp.dtype.org
>
> I see both of you are using KMail, does it by default insert those lines
> in the text of your email when you sign it?

Yes.  On the security icon of the settings dialog choose the software you are
using.  On the advanced tab of the Identity icon set your ket.
JLK

> I'm running Sylpheed, and would perhaps like to try that as well, but I
> don't see the option in my config.  By default (only option?) Sylpheed
> just sends the signature of the email as an attachment.  What do you all
> think of this?  I kinda like it because when I read emails in Sylpheed it
> just tells me "Good Signature" or bad automatically, and then I can right
> click to view the acutal sig.
>
> So, does KMail provide signature attachment support, or anyone know how to
> configure intext signatures for Sylpheed?

Yes, either by sig file or by internal assignment.

> Also, when you sign your emails... do you have to enter your passphrase
> after every time you hit send? (I find this tiresome... probably why I
> disabled it from default and forgot my passphrase...)

Only the first time.  There after it signs automatically if you wish.

> One more Q... does GnuPG have anything new worthwhile in versions 1.2
> versus 1.0.6?

Don't know.
JLK

> On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 13:06:23 -0600
>
> GrayGeek <jkreps@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> |

> |GrayGeek
>
>   Brian Wiese | bwiese@xxxxxxxxx | aim: unolinuxguru
>   GnuPG/PGP key 0xF3220030 | "FREEDOM!" - Braveheart
> This is not about Napster or DVDs. It's about your Freedom.
>   I'll see your DMCA and raise you a First Amendment.
>               http://www.anti-dmca.org
>

> -- Attached file included as plaintext by Ecartis --

GrayGeek