[huskerlug] Re: Open Office?

  • From: "Paul Andrews" <pandrews@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 18:18:53 -0600

I'd just like to comment on the Microsoft Office and Open Office topic.
From my experience there is little difference between Word and Writer.  And
if there is a difference there, I haven't done anything complicated enough
to find it.

However, between Excel and Calc there is a difference.  Calc was unable to
do certain graphing features (the "R^2" feature comes to mind, but I haven't
used it in awhile).  However, this was back before Open Office 2.0

Due to this LUG conversation, I just went into Calc to see if it was there
now as I haven't used Regression lines for awhile.  Guess what?  It sure
is.  I couldn't find an easy way to have the graph calculate this value, but
the function "RSQ" in the spreadsheet did just as well.  Not that I'll need
to do it any time soon, but does anyone know how to get the regression value
printed/graphed in the chart?

Paul