[huskerlug] Re: Mandrake 9.1 Goes GOLD

  • From: "Cesar Delgado" <cdelgad2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 22:40:11 -0600

>       Cesar, if any distro can't find a SB card, especially RH it is
> really hurting!  Hmmm, I may give the two I have a test on another
> computer I have, they may work on something that has 92 Megs, it
> it does, I'll give both Mandrakesoft and RH&T another test.
> ----Jim

My sarcasm was lost in the translation, =(.  But anyway, I was really
impressed by RH8.0 and later.  We tried to get it to run Linux for the
longest time and just couldn't get it to work.  We had to pass to the
kernel parameters to start X with framebuffer because it just didn't
like the chipset.  RedHat 8.0 installed with no problems and no tweaking
the video worked great.  I think installer have matured quite a bit in
the last couple of versions of RH.

-Cesar Delgado