[huskerlug] Re: Mandrake 9.1 Goes GOLD

  • From: Jim Worrest <jworrest@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 14:45:15 -0600

        Carl, I am curious about the sound configuration on the Madrake
9.1 or 9.0 and Redhat 8.  I got the beta of the Mandrake 9.1? and
Pink Tie 8 from Cheapbytes.  Neither of them wanted to configure
the sound card except by using sndconfig.   When you use that
program and get some unrecognizable noise out of the computer,
does that mean the computer sound is accurately configured, or is
something recognizable is suppose to come out of it?  I played
with Peanut and now I don't remember if  it had some pleasant
sound come out of it or not when the sound was configured, but it
did seem to work.
        Anyway, I would be curious about that.  ---Jim