[hipl-users] Re: Using DNS with HIPL

  • From: Miika Komu <miika.komu@xxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 17:23:34 +0200

Robert Moskowitz wrote:

Hi,

So once I add this TYPE55 entry, what uses it? Does dnsproxy grab it and pass it inwards if I run an application with hipconf run normal myv6app?

you don't have to use "hipconf run normal" at all when using dnsproxy. And yes, dnsproxy will grab it.

Would I just provide some LSI in an A record, say 10.0.0.100?

LSIs should not be inserted to DNS. LSI handling with the proxy works as follows:

1. Fix LSIs statically in /etc/hip/hosts or
2. Let LSIs to become defined automatically during dnsproxy name look up