[hipl-users] Using DNS with HIPL

  • From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 08:08:18 -0500

I seem to recall a patched BIND to support HITs in DNS.

Then there is point 7 in ch13 about putting AAAA records in DNS. I have my own server running, I can put up AAAA records for say target.htt. I could try Opportunistic mode with this, or is there someway to also store the HIT? There is the comment in ch13 about no HI support in DNS, but then there is ch28 about formatting HIs to store in BIND9. Oh, I am running BIND 9.3.4.

So how do I get away from using /etc/hosts and /etc/hip/hosts?

Or will I still use /etc/hip/hosts with the IPv6 records in DNS?

How do I handle LSIs and can DNSPROXY wedge into this to help as well?

Finally of course there is DHT. Does OpenDHT support IPv6 or do I have to run my own Bamboo servers (my hosts only have IPv6 configured).