[hipl-users] Re: JRE or JDK

  • From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:04:50 -0500

Miika Komu wrote:
Robert Moskowitz wrote:

Hi,

Which to use???

right now there is SIP Communicator and it looks like perhaps running Bamboo myself. What do others use?

So far I have used jre-6u5-linux-i586.rpm

What are others doing?

can you elaborate the question? Are you asking what HIIT P2P-SIP is using for name look up? The current version works only in local networks (it uses broadcasted I1 packets).
SIP communicator as an rpm seems to work ok with jre. But I have had problems with SIP communicator caching ipv6 addresses (think it is TTL related and that is the push to DNS finally). If I have to rebuild SIP communicator, I suspect I will need the jdk?

Then there is Bamboo for v6. If I run it myself do I just use jre or need the jdk?

I REALLY hope to get to your P2P-SIP piece as well. Again the jre is enough?