[HUG] Re: OUCH ! need a softrelease for my 500 c/m

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 16:52:37 -0800

On Dec 30, 2007, at 4:18 AM, flexbody wrote:

Leica negatives need more enlargement for the same size print.

A sharp 35mm image will always out perform a MF not-so-sharp image. Perhaps they would be equal at happysnap size - 4x6 & 5x5.

I have some critically sharp 20x24 Ciba prints from my hand held Leica M, 35/1.4 ASPH, 1/30 @ f/5.6, Fuji Provia 100. Would not have worked with my Hasselblad, same film, same f/stop, same shutter speed. I've tried it and that was the last time that I hand held my Hassy. The Leica M is made for hand holding - no mirror and easy to hold/use. I'll take a sharp 35mm image any day over a mirror vibrated MF image.

But, if you are not going to print anything over, say, 8x8, then my point is probably moot.

MHO,

Jim