[HUG ] Family Member Impersonation Scam

  • From: Barry Kleider <bkleider@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 10:05:08 -0500

This new email follows the exact pattern my friend faced. Does anyone have Patrick's phone number (besides the one on the bottom of the email we see today?)

I sincerely hope that Patrick is OK. Should he and his family actually be penniless in Cardiff, the American embassy is particularly suited to handle this sort of distress.

I think this article from snopes.com will echo the caution suggested before.

http://www.snopes.com/fraud/distress/family.asp

Barry