[hashcash] Re: Mutt and hashcash

  • From: "Eric S. Johansson" <esj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 08:32:17 -0500

Ben Laurie wrote:
> Hmmm. A similar mechanism that would work well would be an SMTP server
> for outgoing email and a procmail thingy for incoming. I have code for
> an SMTP proxy lying around somewhere. I guess I should dig it out. This
> is too simple - why haven't I thought of it before?

Because we talked about this, may be, a year ago on the camram list?
 From my rc.local which has been running for a couple months now.

# rcver process
# listen on primary user interface and internal localhost
/usr/local/sbin/emailrelay --as-server -I 192.168.0.1 --port 25 -r -l -v
-u camram
# /usr/local/sbin/emailrelay --as-server -I 127.0.0.1 --port 25 -r -l -v
-u camram

# sender process
/usr/local/sbin/emailrelay --forward-to 127.0.0.1:25 --client-filter
/usr/local/camram/bin/stamp_mail --log --close-stderr --poll 15
--dont-listen -v -u camram

even reasonably high-performance when used in a medium traffic mail
server.  Have not yet used in a high load mail server but it probably
would not be a good idea especially if the white list had not been
seeded yet.  the only thing emailrelay needs is better error handling
for one stuff gets stuck in the queue.

now the next trick is to get this piece + notifier message running on a
Windows desktop.  Because once we do this, then we can start using
hashcash in the ISP context.

---eric

--
Speech recognition in use.  Incorrect endings, words, and case is
closer than it appears