[openbeos] Re: unrar

  • From: Korli <korli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 21:16:01 +0100

Fredrik,

we discussed internally about the original mail you sent me, i should have
replied since then, sorry.

As Axel explained, we think license is an issue here. Not being able anymore
to charge money for a distribution is a bad point for including unRAR by
default.

This being said, unRAR is already available on Bebits as a standard BeOS
software.
Because of this, it can be included in any haiku-based distros. Expander
rules can be extended in a settings file easily.

Maybe we should create another base directory than "current" (other), like
NetBSD pkgsrc repository.

Bye,
Jérôme

----- Original Message ----- From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>