[haiku] Re: (off-topic) ArmyKnife - looking for testers / advice

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 18:22:44 +0200

On 2009-03-31 at 09:45:37 [+0200], Jonas Sundström <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> There´s a new build of ArmyKnife (4.1-ish) with
> TagLib 1.5, for BeOS (should run on Haiku as well) thanks to work from
> HaikuPorts and nudges from
> Dane Scott (of BeOSRadio and TuneTracker fame!)
>
> Something I find utterly tedious, is testing AK fully, all of its
> features on a large set of media files to be able to say with some
> certainty that it generally works and that it does not immediately kill
> or slowly corrupt files.
>
> So, in short, I´m looking for some brave people with spare time and
> interest in ArmyKnife to try out this release candidate, but also for
> advice on how to
> automate testing, especially how to catch file corruption.

Nice work, Jonas! I've used it to generate attributes from file names.
Everything worked as expected. It even handled the case nicely where there
were more spaces in the file names than indicated by the chosen name
pattern.

Some feedback: I don't know what "Reset" is good for. But I would love the
"Clear List" functionality on the top level, possibly replacing "Reset".
And maybe give the mode popup the label "Mode". I can probably give you
more feedback when I've used it more.

Best regards,
-Stephan