[haiku] (off-topic) ArmyKnife - looking for testers / advice

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 08:39:18 +0200 CEST

There´s a new build of ArmyKnife (4.1-ish) with
TagLib 1.5, for BeOS (should run on Haiku as well)
thanks to work from HaikuPorts and nudges from
Dane Scott (of BeOSRadio and TuneTracker fame!)

Something I find utterly tedious, is testing AK fully,
all of its features on a large set of media files to
be able to say with some certainty that it generally
works and that it does not immediately kill or slowly
corrupt files.

So, in short, I´m looking for some brave people with
spare time and interest in ArmyKnife to try out this
release candidate, but also for advice on how to
automate testing, especially how to catch file corruption.

I´m thinking of making all of AKs functionality
available to shell scripts. That should allow some
automation.

ArmyKnife has gained two project members:
Ryan Leavengood and Scott McCreary. :)

Home:
http://dev.osdrawer.net/projects/show/armyknife

Scott has created a CIA page: