[openbeos] Re: newos libc

  • From: "Peter Willis" <p.willis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 08:08:46 -0800

    At the lowest levels, you still need to plug it into the kernel.
The higher level routines are not a problem (ie: string routines),
however, you still require the underlying code connection to the
newos kernel. Maybe we can use libroot.so but it's not as
easy as just plugging in the source code. The generic
'C' and 'C++' code libraries need to be there to use
the kernel resources.
    So, some of the coding is just connectivity to memory
management and tread routines, etc. But BeOS is also
missing a great deal of that specification too.
    My goal is top use the resources available to
make something that isn't broken from the get go.
    libroot.so?, yeah, I'm looking at that. It's already in use.

Peter