[openbeos] Re: net_server works - when comes lookup?

  • From: "Bruno G. Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 18:51:00 EST (-0300)

> In any case that should work, shouldn't it ? ;)

No, it should not. The binary compatibility is not 100% right now and,
even if it was, when you compile it it *DOES NOT* replace the original
libnet so ping route and others will use the original libnet. Also I
guess route would no work even if it loaded the OpenBeOS libnet.

Not to mention people running BONE. In this case libnet is not used by
the net apps.

> btw they both use libnet/libanything ?

libnet. Yes.

-Bruno

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent.
                -- Walt Kelly