[openbeos] Re: net_server works - when comes lookup?

  • From: "Bruno G. Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 10:06:51 EST (-0300)

> > Are you sure you're running the ping and route that comes with the
> > OpenBeOS Net Stack? It looks you're not.
>
> Oh yes I do:

In thsi case, did you do make installdriver?

> Olymp> ../apps/ping/ping 195.34.133.82
> PING 195.34.133.82 (195.34.133.82): 56 data bytes
> ping: sendto: No route to host
> ping: wrote 195.34.133.82 64 chars, ret=-1

Well... Are you sure you actually have a route to that host?

> I modified the start_net-script to make things a bit more
> comfortable:
> Olymp> ./start_net
> add net default: gateway 213.47.124.1
> add net 127: gateway 127.0.0.1
>
> Still no luck:(

What is the output of ifconfig -a ?

> I'm using BONE7a, but deactivated the interface in Boneyard. Should I
> run the ole net_server again
> for obos-netstack?

No. But we *WILL NOT* be supporting the BONE kernel. If it works id
pure luck (and yes, it does work and better than with the plain R5
kernel as the BONE kernel provides select() support).

> BTW did you net-hackers already talk to Stephane Fritsch of
> NetOptimist-fame (why not simply
> call it "Surfpad" ?:) it would be great to have a version linked
> against the latest openbeos-net_lib...

Believe me, there are more important things to woprrry right jnow, like
stop it from crashing.

-Bruno

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

An English judge, growing weary of the barrister's long-winded
summation, leaned over the bench and remarked, "I've heard your
arguments, Sir Geoffrey, and I'm none the wiser!"  Sir Geoffrey
responded, "That may be, Milord, but at least you're better informed!"