[openbeos] Re: net_server works - when comes lookup?

  • From: "Bruno G. Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 11:28:47 EST (-0300)

> > Well... Are you sure you actually have a route to that host?
>
> I did not manage to set up a route, see below (how will this be
> automated later - or: how did Be's
> net_server do this? I never had to set up a route..)

You *MUST* set up a default route. And yes, you did set up a route when
you added a gateway in the Network Preferences app. For instance,
adding 192.168.0.254 as a gateway is the same as doing "route add
default 192.168.0.254".

> > Believe me, there are more important things to woprrry right jnow,
> > like
> > stop it from crashing.
>
> you can never start too soon:) And you're progressing fast, so I'll
> take care that your energy
> always has a target:^)
> (I just suggested that because you were playing around with
> NetPositive...)

Sorry. If the NetOptmist guy decide to do that by himself that is ok.
But no one from the net team will be doing that as the priority is to
get it to actually work and, soon, move it to the NewOS kernel.

-Bruno

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

Kirkland, Illinois, law forbids bees to fly over the village or through
any of its streets.