[openbeos] Re: leaked BeOS source code

  • From: "Cedric Degea" <cdegea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 23:49:08 +0200

>> so hopefully the lamer(s) who's
>> broken into a server or something will now keep quiet
>
>Could it be that the "lamer" was perhaps a Be employee
>him/herself? Entertain that thought for a moment....

Theoritically, the moment needn't be more than the
time for two of my neurons to connect :-) since Dan
said on BeGroovy, explicitely, that this breach was
not due to Be. At all. So my choice of words ("broke
into server", "lamer") stems from that. i first wanted
to say "hacker" and then remembered about semantics.
Also I don't think a Be employee would post anonymously
twice wirting his text in l33t speak saying "wow,
I can't tell you too much but there this and this
and this inside". Actually I find the mere expression
of this hypothesis a bit disturbing, but I might
be alone with that kind of extremistically respectful
stance on employees, dunno.   Of course this would
all of a sudden be an "easy explanation" for the
leak, but i'm not especially eager for easy explanations.

--
http://cdegea.free.fr/ | BeDev E-16870
"God exists, and she loves Bill" -- BMessage