[openbeos] added some files to CVS

  • From: "Marcus Overhagen" <dos4gw@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 23:36:30 +0000

Ok,

I just added some files to cvs. They are meant to be the core files
of a libmedia.so replacement. So far they contain every symbol
needed to run normal programs, but have no real functionality yet.
One can actually use it with apps, for example Doom,
but you won't get any sound yet.
All private interfaces are not implemented, as the headers are not public.
(this means that the media preferences app, as well as media_server and
all codecs will not work, since the replacement lib doesn't export the
required private symbols).

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/open-beos/media_kit/source/lib/

Since we perhaps want to use the existing codecs first, we could try to figure
out
how codecsare acessed.  See:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/open-beos/media_kit/source/lib/headers/

The Decoder.h and Encoder.h files are not the original BeOS ones, they will not
work, since vtables and size of class variables are wrong. If somebody knows how
to figure this out, please contact me.

I created them using "nm --demangle" and "objdump" on libmedia.so as well as
various
codecs.

Another problem: You need some R3 headers to compile the lib. But I did not
upload them,
because I don't know about legal issues. Can anybody tell me?

regards
Marcus