[haiku] Re: is possible make a hibryd beos haiko os?

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 12:27:51 -0800

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 12:15 PM, Ari Haviv <arielbhaviv@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Jonas Sundström <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> Some Haiku parts were possible to use as drop-in
>> replacements to BeOS parts. Some might still, but
>> don't count on it. I think that development-phase
>> is over.
>

> in other words, Haiku actually started out as a hybrid.

Some parts, perhaps, but certainly not the core kernel :P - some
drivers, some apps, etc, yes. Some of them existed for BeOS before
Haiku was conceived.

Stuff like the app_server was written to run on beos, but not as a
replacement for the beos app_server...

Even Haiku's OpenTracker and Deskbar probably don't compile on BeOS any more.