[haiku] Re: [haiku-web] New website theme: request for testing/feedback/icons

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 13:09:46 +0200

On 2009-08-22 at 04:35:06 [+0200], Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Ryan,
>
> Ryan Leavengood wrote:
> >> 2) Added icon-based navigation links (top right) for login and create
> >> new
> >> account when the user is logged out, and logout, user profile and add
> >> content when the user is logged in. There are also common links that
> >> appear on every page that point to the website contact form and the
> >> donate page. Icons have an 80% opacity by default that becomes 100% on
> >> mouse hover.
> >>

> > I like this whole block, and I especially like the piggy bank icon,
> > very cute. I've never been a big fan of the lock icon for login and
> > logout. My girlfriend suggested maybe a door with a big keyhole (which
> > I guess wouldn't look too different than the lock, so I don't know.)
> >

> I am not attached to the lock icons and would not mind using "door" icons
> for login/logout. But somebody would have to make them, and they would
> have to look good and fit into the theme. :)

Actually I am attached to the lock icons. :-) I think they are the best
solution to the problem that our 3D icons work best with objects. A
free-standing door is not as nice as an "object", since it really needs the
surounding wall. IIRC, I did first try to do a 3D door with door frame,
before I settled with the locks. And I do even like them lock icons, they
don't feel like a compromise to me.

Best regards,
-Stephan