[haiku] Re: haiku-os.org Credits page (Was: Attribution for Haiku website design and theme)

  • From: Ivan Vodopiviz <merkoth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 13:19:46 -0300

> I don't actually think that Jorge's request to remove the theme from the site
> needs to be fulfilled. What we contribute to an open source project remains
> open source, no? I am not a lawer, though, so I may be missing something. I
> just find it strange that this would indeed be a valid request.

It all depends on the license of the theme. Acording to Jorge[1],
Shijin is based on the Acquia Marina theme which is released under the
terms of the GPL, making Shijin GPL too and therefore invalidating his
request. The reasoning for not openly sharing the theme's source is
flawed, IMHO, but that's just off-topic.

[1]//www.freelists.org/post/haiku/Drupal-Template,4

--
Iván Vodopiviz