[haiku] haiku-os.org Credits page (Was: Attribution for Haiku website design and theme)

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 17:13:41 +0200

Hi guys,

1) Indeed, our website lacks a Credits page, naming site contributors, from
design to administration.

2) There is no reason on every page served to give design credit only. The
page displayed on visitor's browsers is the conjoncted result of several
contributors efforts, being content or technical. Either all them are given
credits on each page, either we link the Credits page on each page.

3)  I dunno for others, but Jorge, please, you can't use that "I quit" card
anymore. An open source project needs some membership trust and reliability
at least for critical (pun intended ;-) ) members. Your MarkCo contributions
are really appreciated, but each time you threat to remove them because you
don't like how a thread goes, some trust in you is lost in the process. And
I fear there is not much left.

4) If you are decided to end it that way, could you give us some time to
workout a theme replacement, in order to avoid "to compromise the integrity
of the website" right when we get more exposure from new visitors than usual
due to Alpha 2 ?

5) Thanks.

Bye,
  Philippe.