[openbeos] Re: 'error copying file 'x' value too large for defined type'

  • From: "Zenja Solaja" <solaja@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 09:12:27 +1100

I've observed something similar in Zeta 1.2.  To install Haiku onto a
physical disk, I'd usually mount a Haiku image and copy the contentents onto
the physical hard disk, and occassionally (say 1 in 6), I'll get a Volume
Full error or similar. This is on an empty 40Gb BFS partition.  Unmounting
and remounting will kind of fix the problem.

I've no clue what's causing this in Zeta.  Maybe the trash file limit is too
small, maybe mountimage screws up file sizes, maybe the build image contains
a freak file with incorrect sizes which only shows itself when the moon is
in the 7th sector, who knows :)

Then again, this might be something completely different.

On 1/20/07, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Jérôme Duval" <korli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Probably the iso9660 file system misses the hooks to identify its
> > partitions; that's one of the things that were changed since R5.
> Hmm the real problem is these file system modules aren't registered
> when
> scanning partitions on boot, and not after either. iso9660 is not
> asked to
> identify.

That's indeed another problem I didn't think of ;-)
The Disk Device Manager doesn't really like removable media or scanning
after boot yet. Some day, some day.

> But, anyway, the iso9660 hooks are broken : it would go to KDL :)

So that's a good thing :-)

Bye,
   Axel.