[openbeos] Re: wget failed: Temporary failure in name resolution?

  • From: Al Elias <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 23:58:02 +0000

Axel Dörfler wrote:
Al Elias <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I seem to be getting the same error whatever I try to do with wget. Is it likely that I am not seeting the interface correctly. I'm currently set up using 'ifconfig' and 'route add' with the appropriate settings from my isp (as in Axels mini how to). I am obviously missing something crucially important, I just don't know what it is. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Can you ping the host? Can you use ftp?
In any way, TCP is still pretty flaky currently. While downloading GCC with wget, I needed to restart it every 300 to 600 kB; OTOH I could download Firefox with NetPositive in one go. I haven't yet investigated this, so maybe you just need a little more patience until it doesn't have any hickups any more.

Bye,
   Axel.

I'm getting 'Connecting to........failed: No route to host' via wget when attempting ftp. I realize this is a long shot as my haiku box is routed via an XP machine to the internet. I guess I'm expecting alot given your comments on the current state of TCP ;o)

Having said that, NetPositive is attempting to connect to URLs . Bebits (for example, as does google) returns a 'Connection refused' error which is a distinct improvement on 'No Chance!' ;o)

Thanks