[openbeos] Re: cross compiling

  • From: Mark Douglas <uk_marky_boy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 11:06:39 +0100 (BST)

>Is there a tool chain with which i can build OBOS on m$ (Windows 2000) ?
>
>Eike.
>
>PS: it probably sounds like a joke to compile on windows, but R5 personal
>doesn't have enough disk-space ...

/me unlurks

If you're willing to play about with repartitioning your hard-disc (or buying a
small new one) you can install BeOS PE onto partitions by

--Burning beos.img (? the 0.5 GB file) as an ISO image on NERO.
--Boot off of the CD
--Install BeOS off of that onto the virgin partition.

Your BeOS system will be the same as before - but with several gigs of room to
play with. It's almost miraculous when it works.

Now, if I was only a good enough coder to help you guys out... I'm learning,
but too slowly!

/me returns to lurking

-Mark

=====