[openbeos] Re: cross compiling

  • From: "Ingo Weinhold" <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 14:29:28 CEST (+0200)

> So: the question if i can compile from within windows still remains
> on. (so
> what i would like is a set of tools to compile the system with, ports
> of
> the BeOS tools) for example Minix has such a 'tool box' and 'NewOS'
> on
> which we are building ...

I remember, someone said (IIRC on the kernel team list), he managed to
build the kernel under Windows, though that would require an adjusted
version of jam. For the other parts I suspect it would be lots of work.
And because your situation is sort of strange (compiling under Windows,
but running under BeOS), I also suspect, that noone has done that
before.

CU, Ingo