[openbeos] Re: Think useful, not cool

  • From: "Helmar Rudolph" <helmar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2001 11:34:05 +0200

> Poof. I've had such plans for enamel years ago. I've
> started with a powerful Message-Format. It's even
> documented in the documentation shipping with enamel.
> Guess what, no one ever cared. Not even someone saying
> it's all crap showed up. BeOS always suffered from it's
> developers not careing a bit about teaming up.

I guess it's all about marketing which is about
communication, and this time we have to make sure that any
developer who presents a product gets comprehensive feedback
=66rom both users and other developers. Granted, you cannot
force anyone, but we all gotta show some goodwill and
discipline if we ever want to get BeOS up and running again.
But then again, "zer are many vays to get feedback from zez
lazy devs", ie. a point scale where you get a free
flight/product/whatever if you provide feedback to the devs
and the community.

Helmar