[openbeos] Re: Think useful, not cool

  • From: "Peter Stegemann" <peter.stegemann@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2001 11:26:13 0000

"Helmar Rudolph" <helmar@xxxxxxxxx>:

>The big issue - for all those who haven't noticed yet ;-) -
>is the sharing of information, be it files, URLs,
>appointments, anything that you deem valuable for something
>else, but other than performing the technical task (sending
>a mail with an attachment), none of the emailers or even
>Instant Messengers are good "sharing" applications.

Poof. I've had such plans for enamel years ago. I've started
with a powerful Message-Format. It's even documented in
the documentation shipping with enamel. Guess what, no
one ever cared. Not even someone saying it's all crap
showed up. BeOS always suffered from it's developers not
careing a bit about teaming up.