[openbeos] Re: Starting with OpenBeOS

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 16:33:01 +0200 CEST

"Jonas Sundstrom" <kirilla@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is it normal for it to reboot before showing any output?
>
> I've tried building it myself (yesterday, fresh tarball) as well as
> using the current build farm floppy, but it doesn't seem to do much
> of
> anything before rebooting.
>
> Mine's a 2GHz Celeron, i845, 512MB regular BeOS PC.

Since it works here, I currently don't care a lot when it doesn't work
at other places as you can't do much with the kernel anyway. Of course,
it should at least work for all kernel developers at this point; I
would appreciate any bug fixes made to it!
When our kernel is a little more mature, and when we start to
distribute beta OpenBeOS images, we're certainly a bit more in the
position of making sure it'll work on all machines out there. Right
now, I do have too little equipment to do any serious work in that
department.

Bye,
   Axel.