[openbeos] Re: Starting with OpenBeOS

  • From: Lorenzo <lcq2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 14:29:45 +0200

Hi, I installed BeOS PE Max Edition V3, and I successfully built OpenBeOS, but I had some problems testing it. In Bochs 2.0.2 (downloaded from www.bebits.com), it freezes (however I will download the sources of bochs 2.1 and build them under BeOS to see if it works), then I tried it in vmware and it works, but after some commands (I tried various combination, and it always freezes when I use switches (for example ls -al), could this be a getopt problem?) it freezes, now I will try it on my desktop pc and see what happens.
Anyway not all targets were built, if someone can help me I can send him the log file, but most of the errors were caused by missing libraries (mainly libsocket), I'm not sure, but I think I have those libraries, I found also a version of libsocket built during the build process (it was somewhere in distro directory), now I will try to rebuild the failed targets using that libsocket.

Thanks for everything :)

Bye!

Lorenzo