[openbeos] Re: Scripting (Shells)

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:52:30 +0200 (MEST)

En réponse à Axel Dörfler  <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> > Totally wrong.
> > It can either be:
> > - hosed:
> > ever tried to login via serial (you need to have a getty)
> > while having crashed/frozen app_server ?
> > there's still a lot you can do (even kill it and restart it,
> > I did it already). That's also why I strongly point out not to use
> C+
> > +
> > stuff for the commands in /bin when it can be avoided.
>
> You mean BApplication stuff, not C++ stuff.
Yeah you know what I mean :)

> BTW that would be the reason for me to differentiate between the GUI
> and the BApplication - since it's more likely for the GUI to crash than
> for the app_server...
hmmm, dunno if it's BONE or Opera, but I get quite some app_server freezes,
which shouldn't happen...
(in fact, logging in via serial and listing its thread you see
"app_server debug thread", so it's the snake eating its tail :^))

> (in fact, they shouldn't crash ever ;-))
one should never say "never" :)

François.