[openbeos] Re: Scripting (Shells)

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 11:45:35 +0200 (MEST)

Totally wrong.
It can either be:
- hosed:
ever tried to login via serial (you need to have a getty)
while having crashed/frozen app_server ?
there's still a lot you can do (even kill it and restart it,
I did it already). That's also why I strongly point out not to use C++
stuff for the commands in /bin when it can be avoided.
- disabled:
one can think of using BeOS as a firewall/router or anything else that doesn't
require app_server (I know, *BSD or Linux would be better for this, anyway.).
- still not launched:
in /system/boot/BootScript there are actions taken while it's not been
launched.

Besides, even the Windows GUI can be disabled :^)