[openbeos] Scripting (Shells)

  • From: Mat Hounsell <mat_geek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 18:23:28 +1000 (EST)

Being a compulsive scripter I have to ask this:

Is there an applet that determines if the GUI is available or can I just check
$DISPLAY ??? If there is no Applet does anyone know roughly where in the API a
system call for this might be? Sometimes you need to check your not in a telnet
session.

On the same topic. Discalmer: there is no one right shell or scripting
language. But it would be nice to have csh for those familiar with it, and SSH.

http://messenger.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger
- A great way to communicate long-distance for FREE!