[openbeos] Re: OpenBeOS Software Availability

  • From: Alan Fisher <abbadon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 09:02:07 +0000

on Monday, March 24 2003, 04:42:51 you wrote:

>Alex?
>
>Sorry to be a nuisance but as all this is very new to me would you advise I
>download BeOs R5 Personal Edition or
>download OpenBeOs as I would like to keep Windows (due to work previously
>done and required from time to time)
>but at the same time look at the alternatives.

Open BeOS isn't likely to be finished for a while, so for the moment at least
Personal Edition is your only real option. I personally would recommend
getting the "max edition" which is basically personal edition with just about
every driver going for it and a load of bundled apps. Again, visit BeBits.com
and type "Max Edition" in the search option.  Please note that you will need
a certain amount of free space on your hard disk (ie you'll need it
partitioning) to be able to install BeOS on it.

--
Regards