[openbeos] Re: OpenBeOS Applications Suggestion.

  • From: "Ben S." <benlebt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 01:00:33 -0800 (PST)

> N+
> ==
>
> 1st Choice - Will use Mozilla's, or perhaps KHTML
> layout engine and
> create an N+-clone.
> 2nd Choice -  Use BeZilla, in a OpenBeOS package
> with a BeOS-skin.
> 3rd Choice - Will re-write N+.

I would suggest the 1st choice. I tried Bezilla many
times and it really sucks!
I don't like the gecko engine, cause it takes too much
time for it to build up a page with big tables.
The engine used in Konqueror for example is a lot
faster due to the fact that it doesn't wait until the
whole table is loaded before it shows some parts of
the website.
The 3rd choice is just too hardcore:-) Rewriting N++
from scratch would take years of development until we
reach the same level as gecko or KHTML.
So i would suggest using the KHTML engine for the new
standard browser.

http://greetings.yahoo.com