[openbeos] OpenBeOS Applications Suggestion.

  • From: "Andrew Edward McCall" <mccall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenBeOS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 00:02:25 PST

Hi Again,

Well, after discussion, here is what I suggest, based on the feedback
so far.

N+
==

1st Choice - Will use Mozilla's, or perhaps KHTML layout engine and
create an N+-clone.
2nd Choice -  Use BeZilla, in a OpenBeOS package with a BeOS-skin.
3rd Choice - Will re-write N+.

PoorMan
=====

1st Choice - Will be replaced by RobinHood as was planned for Dano,
unless its GPL license gets in the way for some reason.
2nd Choice - Will update port of Apache 2.x and create a PoorMan-like
interface for the user, much like MacOS X does.
3rd Choice - Will re-write PoorMan from scratch.

Terminal
=====

Not really an issue, we just port the new shells, and the interface.

BeIDE
====

Heh - still stuck!

BeMail