[openbeos] Re: OBOS Security

  • From: ZairTheWise@xxxxxxxxxxxx (C. W. Strommer)
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 23:37:47 -0400

Clay Vincent Schentrup <cvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>What makes anyone think BeOS could be susceptible to this problem, even if it
>_were_ multi-user?  Isn't the messaging system in the BeOS API completely
>different such that one can't spoof messages?  Any API that would allow this
>seems horribly written to me.
>
>Clay

<snip>

I disagree. By the same reasons, one could argue that any system that has
buffer overflow errors is horribly written, or any software that has bogs is
decadent software. The reality is that such errors/mistakes/vulnerabilities
will potentially be part of any system until they are discovered. It's just
that you can't fix what you don't know is broken.

--
CWStrommer - New equipment FuBARing daily!

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience
the convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape!
http://shopnow.netscape.com/

http://webmail.netscape.com/