[openbeos] Re: OBOS Security

  • From: Clay Vincent Schentrup <cvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 11:38:29 -0500

>I disagree. By the same reasons, one could argue that any system that has
>buffer overflow errors is horribly written, or any software that has bogs is
>decadent software. The reality is that such errors/mistakes/vulnerabilities
>will potentially be part of any system until they are discovered. It's just
>that you can't fix what you don't know is broken.
     Well, I just got the impression that the whole structure of Windows
messaging is fundamentally bad.  If they are allowing an app to send a message
directly to another app, that does not get handled directly by the kernel or
some other secure interface that can report the true originating thread for the
message, then it seems like a very bad design.

Clay