[openbeos] Re: OBOS Security

  • From: Brian Matzon <brian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 11:27:49 +0200

Michael Phipps wrote:

Real multi-user just does not make sense in a world where you can get a super fast box for a few hundred dollars. It made sense in 1975. But not in
2005. Certainly, people share PCs. But people will, IMHO, rarely use one
PC to log into another that someone else is using. That is the functionality that I don't think we need.
Heh, I use such a feature often!
Windows comes with a feature called 'Switch User' - I *really* like this feature when the wife wants to use the computer...
And no - we're not going to buy a second computer for her, even though they're cheap. :)

/Brian Matzon